July 24, 2006

I've Got the Power!

Power restored!

I came home from work today to find the apartment at full power. It's likely the result of patching, and we may lose power again as the permanent repairs are completed, but for now I've got my big PC booted up and the AC's are churning and the fridge is cooling.

Not all Queens residents are so well-off, however. While I'm happy to be one of the "lucky" ones who only had to deal with this business for 8 days, there remain 3,000 customers (which could equate to as many as 25,000 people or more) still off the grid. This afternoon Con Ed began bringing in generators to help serve the heaviest concentrations of power-less New Yorkers, such as apartment buildings, providing energy to elevators at the least. That is such a brilliant idea, it's a wonder they only took 8 days to begin the process...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home